Saturday, December 22, 2007

Changing Your Perspective

I had a colonoscopy Friday. That means that I spent most of the day Thursday sitting.
For those of you who have had this wonderful procedure before, you know that to prepare you must drink 4 liters of Go-Lyte laxative the day before the procedure. (Whoever named the laxative Go-Lyte had a cruel warped sense of humor)
I did however make the most of my sitting time. I read the book “Tuesdays with Morrie” by Mitch Albom. I think that it should be required reading for all humans.

I had my New Years resolutions all made out. I had my 2008 wish list of things I wanted to buy and do all prepared. After reading this book however, I threw it out and made a new list.

In 2008 I want to work less and play more. I want to talk less and listen more. I want to worry less and pray more. I want to make things grow. I want to make a positive difference in someone else’s life. I want to learn to dance.

Each night when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.” –MAHATMA GANDHI

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gary,
You have already made a positive difference in my life. It is never too late to dance.....I bet you dance with those sweet granddaughters.
Connie

Anonymous said...

Hey guess what? Me and Neat can teach you to dance! Peg

Anonymous said...

I finished Albom's "One More Day" yesterday. Read that one too!