Friday, May 2, 2008

Back Trouble

I am lying in bed typing this - not because I want to, but because I have to.
I spent the last few beautiful spring days mowing, weeding, planting, digging, cleaning, tugging and lifting. Now I’m paying for it. I felt a little twinge of pain yesterday before I went to work. I really thought that it was no big deal. It progressively got worse however, and before my shift last night was over, I was in the emergency dept, in excruciating pain, unable to straighten up or walk.

So, here I am all drugged up on pain killers and muscle relaxers trying to type and make some sort of sense. My best friend right now is a rice bag that you heat up in the microwave. The bathroom feels like it is a hundred miles away. Getting old is the pits!

Enoch Thweett and I are scheduled to play Saturday night at the Siberia Coffee House. It will take a ton of pain killers and muscle relaxers to just get me up on the stool. I will feel like a real musician - stoned :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey gary, I know how you feel and it is terrible...make sure you don't act like paula abdul while you are on stage :-)

Roger

Anonymous said...

Well guess what? I know how you feel also. I too have been having lower back pain that has now moved around to my hip. When it gets to the point of no return, I will give in and go to the Dr. Freds dad is doing really well. Three brain surgeries later and three weeks in UAMS we now have him in Law. Mem. Hope you get better. Make those kids wait on ya! Yeah right.

Peggy