Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Basket Case

I worked in the Cardiac Cath Lab for almost a year. I have helped put in several ICDs (Internal Cardiac Defibrillators) Though extremely dangerous, the procedure is considered fairly routine.
At least I used to think it was. But now that it's my 17 year old daughter on the table, there is nothing routine about it.

I know the procedure. I know the risks. I would honestly give anything if I could just take her place, but I can't.

Jesi is frightened, but calm. She understands that this is necessary.

Mom and I on the other hand are basket cases. We know from past experience how hard it will be to finally let go and leave her in the hands of the surgeon. The pain you feel after you kiss them and then watch them be wheeled off down the hall on a gurney is unbearable. There is no medicine in the world strong enough to ease that pain.

Jesi's surgery is Thursday morning.
Please keep her in your prayers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

keeping your daughter in my prayers and praying for the rest of the family to. A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel. "So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will recieve His mercy and we will find grace to help us when we need it. Heb. 4:16

Anonymous said...

Gary and Neat

This is Wes here! I am having trouble writing this because of the tears. God will take care of Jesi and your family and he has Great Plans. I have been and will continue to pray for Jesi and your family. You guys are truly Amazing and great friends if you need me please don't hesitate to call

Love
Wes

Anonymous said...

Gary and Lynetta,
I know Jesi is in good hands. She has the hands of God watching over her and loving parents standing by her side. My prayers will be for her surgeon and the team at Vanderbilt. If we can be of any help please let us know.
connie a.

Anonymous said...

this is anonymous#1 without coffee for the moment. While we may never agree on our worship, we can for sure agree on our love for our children. Vanderbilt is a wonderful place when you have to be there. I will pray without ceasing for your daughter.

Anonymous said...

I love you guys so much and I am amazed at your love and strength. Please know that we are praying for Jesi and for your whole family. Keep the faith, lay it at his feet and he will take care of all you guys. Please keep us posted. Let Jesi know how much we love her and are praying that everything will be ok.

Peggy

Stephanie Anderson said...

We are praying for Jesi's easy and quick recovery. I can't imagine the fear you all have right now. Be comforted in Him.

Love,
Steph

Anonymous said...

The Anderson family,

We are praying for Jesi to have a successful surgery and quick recovery. We also will be keeping your family in our prayers.

Anonymous from Russ' Blog