Monday, January 18, 2010

Turning the Corner

My miraculous new found ability to finally seek and accept help was the first baby step on my long road home.

I had already been to Medical Doctors, Counselors and a Psychiatrist, all to no avail. It was time to call in the “Big Guns”.

Lynetta, Russ, and the church elders (shepherds, as we heathen like to call them) got busy. Phone calls were made, and my bags were packed. They were sending me away.

The “Big Guns” turned out to be a beautiful, quiet little “resort” hidden back in the rolling hills of Middle Tennessee, called OnSite http://www.onsiteworkshops.com/

Long ago, back in my saner days, I remember believing and teaching that there was no such thing as chance - that there were no coincidences. I remember believing that everything happened for a reason, and that someone very powerful was in charge. Turns out I was right. (Even a broken clock is right twice a day)

There is a scripture in the New Testament where Peter says something like; “Always be ready to give an answer to anyone who ask you about the hope that you have within you.” What he means is this: Always be ready and willing to share your “God Stories.”

The next part of my story is exactly that - a “God Story”. it is one of the many reasons I have for believing in and relying on God.

The next part is difficult for me to tell. Not because of the pain or the depression that came with it, but because the next part is different - the next part is, to me, sacred.

No comments: