Friday, May 23, 2008

If It Is Possible

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:18


Is it possible to be both opinionated and peace loving at the same time?
I know that the Bible teaches me to be swift to hear and slow to speak.
I know that the best response is usually to just keep my mouth shut and turn the other cheek. But I must admit, it is not easy for me to do. I struggle with keeping quiet- especially when injustice, untruths and intolerance are involved.

But, with the Good Lords help, I am willing to try harder. As far as it depends on me, I want to live at peace with everyone. My views have not changed. My opinion remains the same. I am flattered by all of the attention and press that I have recieved but must admit in the overall scheme of things I am pretty insignificant. I would love to talk to my critics and accusers the old fashioned way - face to face. Two or three witnesses would be welcomed. Please give me a call - I'm in the book.

8 comments:

Andrea Spears said...

Well put! I have a feeling, though that mr/mrs anonymous doesn't really care enough about any of this to call you and have a conversation with you face to face. Just a guess. HA HA!

Andrea

Rodney McCarthy said...

My sister, Sally, and I have launched a new site -

www.downintheblog.com

Check it out and let us know what you think!

Rodney

Anonymous said...

Gary,
I'm concerned about you. I will be calling you later this week.

Maggie

Anonymous said...

Are you ok?

Russ said...

Maggie,
I am concerned about you and will be calling later this week to discuss or I may just talk about you behind your back. One or the other.

garyneat said...

I have no idea what that is all about....??

I am fine. Thanks for caring. It is nice to be loved. :)

Gary

Russ said...

I was just joking with Maggie, assuming of course that's the Maggie I know. If not then I really offended one of your blog readers.

Anonymous said...

Russ who? If this is the Russ I know, then I've been talking about you behind your back for some time. Did you already know this? Are you trying to tell me that you already know by referring to this in a backhanded way? I will be gathering witnesses so we can discuss this in a forum-type format. I'll have my assistant call you.